The Healthcare Forum organized by MIC & Associates in partnersip with the Romanian-American usiness Council ended on November 8 in New York City after an intense week of panel discussions, one-on -one meetings, hospital visits, presentation, receptions and a dinner gala. Conceived as a partnership between the Ministry of Health of Romania and MIC Associates / RABC the historic event brought together leaders of the medical world from Romania and the United States.
Over thirty US and Romanian hospitals and medical institutions were present and more than one hundred key executive s from the private and state sectors participated.
Among those present were Johns Hopkins, Weill Cornell, Mt. Sinai, Northwell Health. Lenox Hill Park Avenue, Lenox Hill Greenwich Village and Cleveland Clinic. Fundeni Genera Hospital, Monza Group Hospitals, Sanador Hospital Group, Ana Aslan Geriatric Institute, Gral Medical, MediPlus, Techirghiol Recovery Sanatorium, Titu Maiorescu University for Medicine, Grigore T. Popa Medical University Iasi, Hospital for Emergency Care Bistrita, Media Kompas, Colentina Hospital Bucharest, Oncology Institute Romania, Pediatric Center for Recovery Nicolae Robane, Cantacuzino Clinic Hospital, OBGYN Hospital Bucharest and others.
Among the topics discussed and debated were:
- Overview of the Romanian Healthcare, Medical Research and Educational System
- The status of medicine care in the United States: what do we measure, what are we investing in, what do we really care about?
- What makes for a great healthcare system – Prevention, Treatment, Recovery
- What makes for a great American Hospital
- The public hospitals network in Bucharest: strengths, challenges and remedies
- The value of interventional medicine
- Oncology present and future: The role of genetic medicine in cancer prevention
- Diabetes and Podiatry – The illness that kills most Romanians
- The role of telemedicine in national and international health
- Bridges of Collaboration in Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology between US and Romania Cardiology
Among the speakers were:
- Carmen Orban MD — General Manager /Fundeni Clinical Institute
- Angelo Acquista, MD — Lenox Hill Hospital Manhattan
- Yves Duroseau, MD, MPH — Chair of the Dept. of Emergency Lenox Hill Hospital
- Arthur Klein, MD — President of The Mount Sinai Health Network
- Alexander Hellinger, DPT, MBA — Lenox Health Greenwich Village
- Hortenzia Beciu, MD, MPH — Johns Hopkins Medicine International Leadership
- Usama Gergis, MD, MBA — Bone Marrow Transplant Specialist Medical Director, New York Presbyterian Global Services
- Lucian Dorobanțu, MD — primary cardiovascular surgeon, Monza Hospital
- Lee C. Rogers, DPM —FRCPS
- Daniel Kline. MD — Executive Director, New York State Podiatric Medical Association
- Doru Paul M.D., PhD — Weill Cornell Medicine
- Dan Octavian Alexandrescu — State Secretary, Ministry of Health Romania
- Nicolae Bănicioiu, MD — Former Minister of Health of Romania